The Cacophony Project is nothing without its community of designers, developers, researchers, supporters, and friends. This is where we recognise people who have given us the benefit of their time and expertise!
These people have contributed to the project by giving us the benefit of their expertise and time. Nothing happens without their hard work, so many thanks!
- Cameron Ryan-Pears - Main engineer for project
- Dave Lane - Open source design and Drupal CMS integration
- Gray Rathgen - Designer
- Kate Haley - Supporter
- Grant Ryan - Project initiator/coordinator
- Roger McKenzie - Technical advice
- Paul Campbell - Electronics design
- Jessica Lyons - Social media
- Brent Martin - Machine learning (University of Canterbury)
- Tim Sjoberg (ZIP) - animal behaviour
- Elaine Murphy (DOC) - animal behaviour
- Michael Busby - Website design and development
- Tim Hunt (Wintec) - help making the Cacophonometer user friendly
- Max Johns - Content
- Matt Kavermann - Digital lures
- Alex James and Michael Plank (University of Canterbury) - Modelling and statistics
- Stephen Marsland (Massey University) - Bird song analysis
- Shaun Hendy - Science supporter
Friends of the Project
These kind folks and organisations have provided their support, promoted us to their networks, or have generally helped us along the way!
- PurePods Ltd
- That Quirky Foundation
- Zero Invasive Predators
- Concentrate Ltd
- Jade Software
- Anderson Lloyd Lawyers
- Balanced Accounting
We’re pretty sure that if you listen hard enough, you can hear the birds thanking our supporters.